robotics-university.com | Beside SimpleLink MSP432 SDK, Texas Instruments (TI) also provide the other useful support software that also make you easy and faster when build an embedded systems project using MSP432 microcontroller and Code Composer Studio IDE from TI. They call that software with MSP432Ware and MSP432 Driver Library (DriverLib).
1. What is MSP432Ware?
MSP432Ware is a collection of code examples, datasheets and other design resources for all MSP432 devices delivered in a convenient package.
2. MSP432Ware Installation or Upgrade
There are two methods to install MSP432Ware:
A. Installing via the Code Composer Studio (CCS) App Center
If you have CCS 6.0 or later you can install MSP432Ware via the CCS App Center.
1. Open up CCS
2. Click “View->CCS App Center”
3. Click the checkbox next to MSP432Ware
4. Then click “Install Software” in the top left corner of the app center.
5. Let CCS restart and discover the software. You can now use TI Resource Explorer within CCS
B. Installing via the Standalone Installer
If CCS is not your primary IDE or want an offline installer on hand you can download the standalone installer.
1. Download the standalone MSP432Ware installer from download link section below.
2. Double click to run the installer, the default installation path is discoverable by CCS
3. Run CCS and let it discover the MSP432Ware installation. You can now use TI Resource Explorer within CCS.
MSP432 Driver Library (DriverLib)
1. What is MSP432 Driver Library?
MSP432 Driver Library is a collection of high level API (Application Programming Interface) that speed up software development for MSP432. The MSP432 Driver Library package includes API documentaion and examples to help you get started. Driver library (DriverLib) is one of the main components of MSP432Ware.
Download Link of MSP432Ware & MSP432 DriverLib
Questions & Answer of MSP432Ware & MSP432 DriverLib
1. How do I use MSP432 Driver Library?
MSP432 Driver Library is available as a standalone BSD released package. To use the library simply download and unzip the package below. Please read the included user's guide to learn about adding driver library to a new or existing project.
MSP432 Driver Library is also released as a component of MSP432Ware. You can import and run examples from driver library from the TI Resouce Explorer GUI within the Code Composer Studio (CCS) window when you have MSP432Ware installed. For more information about MSP432Ware check the table below for a link to the latest version.
2. What is the difference between MSP432Ware and Driver Library?
MSP432Ware is a collection of MSP432 software and tools. One of the main components of MSP432Ware is Driver Library (DriverLib).
3. Why are there multiple driverlib folders within MSP432Ware?
MSP432Ware contains many different software libraries and projects. Some of these components depend on a specific version of Driver Library. Each component ships the version of Driver Library they tested with to ensure that all software works for you out of the box.
4. Can I have multiple versions of MSP432Ware installed?
Yes! MSP432Ware installations can exist alongside each other. You should only see the latest installed version within the TI Resource Explorer window of Code Composer Studio however.
5. How can I get support for MSP432Ware?
Feel free to use the TI E2E forum to ask anything MSP432Ware related.